Welcome to HealthBarn USA!
Your students' learning experiences are a number-one priority. As nutrition educators, we realize that school resources are limited and your time is incredibly valuable. With unprecedented rates of overweight, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and eating disorders in children, we must educate young children about the importance of living a healthy-lifestyle that includes HealthBarn USA's SEVEN healthy habits: 1) eat fruits and vegetables 2) exercise 3) eat breakfast 4) get a good night sleep and 5) family meals 6) Brush and Floss Teeth 7) Recycle!
We also know that getting children excited about healthy behaviors and nutrition is a top priority at schools today. With state-wide nutrition policies including the New Jersey Model Nutrition Policy in effect, educating about the importance of good nutrition is as important as providing healthier choices at school.
HealthBarn USA's Optimal Health Curricula in Schools:
HealthBarn USA has partnered with the Speyer Legacy School in New York City to create and teach an innovative nutrition education program for elementary students. The students rotate to HealthBarn USA during their regular school day just like gym, art or Spanish — and not only are they making healthier choices, but it's the favorite part of their day! Click here to read more about the program.
NYC Media: LUNCH NYC, TV: HealthBarn USA segment. This is the first TV segment about the HealthBarn USA partnership with the Speyer Legacy School, New York. NYC Media, part of the Mayor's office and the official TV, radio and online network for NYC, hung out with us at Speyer Farm for family day, and captured our fun and educational experience in action! Click here to view the kids and parents on the farm. Please contact us at [email protected] to learn more about the optimal health curriculum and how you can implement it in your school.
Learn more about our programs from the latest media buzz:
- The Assembly on YouTube. By popular request, we loaded a 10 minute teaser video of what goes on at the HealthBarn USA assembly if you haven't experienced it LIVE yet! Click here to watch our team and the kids in action. Don't miss out on this one-of-kind fun and educational experience for your school by scheduling one today!
- Evaluation Study Shows HealthBarn USA Program Effective with Children: Our hands-on, innovative summer camp was found to be effective in getting kids to eat more fruits and vegetables and less processed, readily available convenient foods. They also learned how to grow food organically, cook and compost the food scraps. The data were presented by Pamela Koch, EdD, RD, adjunct associate professor of nutrition, Teachers College Columbia University at the Society of Nutrition Education and Behavior held in Washington, DC, click here for the complete article.
- The Huffington Post Opinion by Dr. Kessler Touts HealthBarn USA Efforts. Former FDA Commissioner Kessler includes HealthBarn USA as a proven model to "Let Our Children Lead the Way to a Healthier Future!" Click here to read more.
- SuperKids Nutrition Features Expert Interview with HealthBarn USA Founder. SuperKids Nutrition serves as an online resource to schools and health professionals across the country. They spent some time with Stacey Antine, founder of HealthBarn USA, because of a rumor that we had the secret to getting kids excited about eating healthy! Click here to read the interview.
- AOL News Posts Opinion by Stacey Antine to Educate Children about Healthy Living: Our founder is passionate about educating children and families about how to live a healthy lifestyle… and that is what HealthBarn USA is all about! Click here to read more.
- TV Highlights: HealthBarn USA was been featured on CNN, House Calls with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CBS-TV, New York, FOX-TV, New York and over 400 local television stations across the country, click here to see the HealthBarn USA team and kids having fun being healthy!
Fresh approach to teaching food, nutrition, health and agriculture to children ages 3-15 and their families.
Our hands-on innovative curricula focus on some of the major contributors to one’s health: physical activity, nutrition behavior and self-esteem. The programs are an invaluable complement to science, math, reading, social studes, food science and life skills curricula in schools.
We provide HealthBarn USA's fun and educational opportunities to students at the barn or in schools through the following programs:
- Healthy-Lifestyle School Assembly (offered nationally in school or community center)
- School & Scout Field Trips (throughout the school year at the barn)
- Healthy-Lifestyle Workshops (offered nationally at science or wellness events)
- After School Enrichment Program (at schools)
- Teen Workshops (at the barn or in schools)
Please click here for more information regarding these exciting programs for your students. And, inquire about our programs for children with special needs.
As trained specialists with masters’ of science in nutrition and registered dietitian credentials, along with a nationally recognized advisory board, you can trust that your students will be treated with the highest level of professionalism and skill and have a fun and memorable healthy lifestyle experience. Click here read letters from students and teachers about HealthBarn USA.