With nutrition education being a hot topic in schools among administrators, the PTO/PTA/HSA and parents, our hands-on, one-of-kind field trip is a must-do for your students! The field trip curriculum supports the Common Core State Standards and can be simply reinforced by teachers in their lesson plans to help students incorporate healthy behaviors into their daily lives at school and at home. Learn more by clicking here for the school field trip flyer.
During this fun and educational year-round visit to the Barn, students ages 3-15 learn about the importance of fresh, seasonal produce and why eating naturally matters. Their hands-on experience involves:
- Introduction to living a healthy lifestyle & how-to put this knowledge into practice in daily routines;
- Participate in hands-on organic gardening activities and composting, too;
- Help make and taste a delicious and nutritious recipe (recipe provided to accomodate allergies);
- Play the seasonal food game and plant vegetable seeds in recyclable pots to grow at home;
- Receive a healthy-lifestyle take-home bag.
Bonus: Bring brown bag lunches and stay to explore the great outdoors!
We are booking school trips for 2016 including summer camp trips, too! — don’t miss out on this one-of-kind experience. Please contact us at 201-891-2066 to schedule a trip today.