Present the HealthBarn USA healthy-lifestyle experience as a challenge for a bead, patch, pin or Try-It. Plus, with new knowledge and recipes, earn rewards at home. During this fun and educational year-round visit to the barn, scouts ages 5-12 as well as community groups (mommy & me, church youth groups and town newcomers) learn about the importance of fresh, seasonal produce and why eating naturally matters. Learn more by clicking here for the field trip information flyer.
Their hands-on experience involves:
- Introduction to living a healthy lifestyle and how-to put this knowledge into practice using HealthBarn USA’s seven healthy habits.
- Participate in hands-on organic gardening activity and composting, too!
- Help make and taste a delicious healthy recipe.
- Play the seasonal food game to boost everyone’s food IQ.
- Plant peas in recyclable pots to grow at home.
- Receive a healthy-lifestyle take-home bag, including healthy recipe.
- Apples are provided for snack.
We also offer hands-on programming for So What journeys, so please inquire about all of our scout offerings today!
We’re scheduling scout and community field trips for 2016 – 2017 scout leaders and organizers are booking early, so if you are interested in arranging a field trip, please contact us at 201-444-2955.