Join the fun at the Barn and in Schools!
We offer a variety of hands-on, fun and educational seasonal programs year-round for children, ages 3-15 and grown-ups, including…
- Seedlings, ages 3-5 (including summer seedlings)
- Sprouts, ages 5-7, and parent workshops
- Young Harvesters, ages 8-12 and parent workshops
- Master Chefs, ages 12+
- Healthy-Lifestyle Continuing Ed for Grown-Ups 101
Summer Camp, ages 5-12 & 13-15– VOTED (201) Magazine’s Best of Bergen and editor’s pick 2011!
School Assemblies & Workshops (in school only!) — grades K through 8 can experience “Try it, You’ll like it” and “The Super Salad Bar” assemblies and after-school enrichment programs in schools!
- Birthday Parties, ages 3+, transform into natural chefs through their choice of culinary fun at the Birthday Barn Bash!
HealthBarn USA Graces Cover of (201) Magazine! Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder of HealthBarn USA is featured along with 17 other “green” team members who are recognized as environmental advocates in the Bergen Country community and making a different for residents! Producing a Bumper Crop of Eco-Kids, “Parents convinced that a child’s health and well-being are rooted in good eating habits and hands-on understanding of food sources have turned to Antine for guidance, click here to download article.
The Rachael Ray Show featured HealthBarn USA, click here to watch HealthBarn USA kids and team in action! Antine joins an all-star team of people recognized for their important contributions to helping communities lead healthier lives at the grass roots level.
Not a HealthBarn USA family, yet? What are you waiting for…. enroll today in the ultimate healthy-lifestyle experience by clicking here. Please scroll down to find out why The New York Times featured these exciting programs for you and your family!
The HealthBarn USA experience! Don’t miss it check out the kids in action Being a Farmer, Being a Chef, and Being Green — and you will see for yourself why HealthBarn USA is the place to be for having fun while learning to be healthy!
|The garden is just bursting with life in the springtime! Children will learn to build an organic garden, prepare the soil for planting and nurture their very own area of the garden. Over the course of the season, they will watch seeds and seedlings turn into vibrant plants, herbs and flowers that they cared for. Once we harvest the vegetables, we will create delicious, simple meals and snacks, and feel how good fresh foods make us feel. Watch their eyes light up as they smell, taste, and truly experience locally grown, seasonal produce from their own garden.|
|In the summer, the Barn is a plentiful, vibrant place to be. Plants are growing rapidly, and need lots of care, maintenance and nurturing. On our very own organic garden, we will learn all about bugs – did you know that some are good for gardens, and some are not so good? On exciting nature walks, we will learn to identify different types of plants and animals found all over the farm. And of course, we will have lots of fresh, seasonal produce that we will harvest ourselves and prepare healthful snacks and meals with. Visit our dedicated camp page for details and enrollment information. Just wait until you taste for yourself how much better this is than anything you can buy in the supermarket – and how much fun it is, too!|
|Fall is the great, bountiful harvest season at the Barn. All the remaining produce that we’ve grown needs to be picked and prepared so that we can use it in the winter months for tasty, natural snacks. We will even learn about fertilizing the soil in our organic garden to protect it for the long winter months. The garden is filled with pumpkins, apples, and other fall fruits and vegetables that we creatively turn into healthy snacks. How we love the natural foods that we grow, harvest and prepare for ourselves at the Barn!|
You might not believe it but there’s lots do on at the Barn in the wintertime! It’s the perfect time to dedicate all of our energy indoors to cook and bake up the perfect winter storm! We will make energizing snacks, meals and desserts from scratch and learn how to create a colorful plate even in the winter months. Learning to read and understand food labels will enable us to be in control of their own health and nutrition choices all year long – starting the New Year on an exciting, empowering note!
Welcome to the ultimate “garden-to-fork” summer experience!
|HealthBarn USA’s summer camp was awarded (201) Magazine’seditor’s pick and Best of Bergen. Importantly, our curriculum has been proven effective in establishing healthy behaviors for kids by Columbia University’s Teachers College. This hands-on summer camp experience full of fun teaches children about delicious, nutritious food and the healthy lifestyle that goes with it! So, if you want:
– healthy kids who are adventurous eaters;
– green kids who know how to grow their own, organic food and care for the planet, too;
– nutritious, great-tasting ideas & recipes for what to serve and eat 24/7;
– simple, fun-to-take steps that will get your family to a happier, healthier place — all from a leading voice in family nutrition, come join us this summer at the Barn! We offer our popular summer camp, ages 5-8, 9-12 & 113-15 and summer seedlings, ages 3-5 beginning June 19, 2017!
Summer never tasted so good…
Why sign-up for HealthBarn USA summer camp? Because kids LOVE HealthBarn USA and parents do, too! We are all about healthy-lifestyles! Our campers get in tip-top shape working in the garden, cooking and eating our all-natural, nutritious recipes for breakfast, lunch and snack everyday! We LOVE our new space, click here to watch the kids and our professional team in action and to get the details on the themed weeks!
This one-of-kind fun and educational experience from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. includes:
- Planting and harvesting local, organic produce
- Cooking healthy recipes and playing nutrition education games
- Creative arts and crafts and nature activities
- Environmental science team projects
- Sports activities, yoga and nature hikes
- Professional instruction for children (6 hours, 5 days)
- Nutritious all natural breakfast, snacks and lunches provided (we accommodate for allergies)
- All supplies and natural, organic food
- Participation in a local farmers’ market selling their own produce
Here’s what our campers had to say about a fun-filled, summer experience of a lifetime:
- “My mother loves it because she doesn’t have to make lunch,” Stephen, age 12
- “Jeffrey is enjoying your program so much! All of your counselors are wonderful and you plan a nice variety of creative, fun and educational activities, Thanks!” Debbie, Mahwah, NJ
- “It’s the ONLY place you can plant, cook, eat and play,” group consensus!
- “Learn that trying new foods is fun!” Hallie, age 9
Camp 2017 Enrollment is OPEN: Click here to download the enrollment form with the early bird special through March 1, then, tuition will increase. NEW! Online registration is coming soon, please check back. Visit our dedicated camp page for themed week information. Please contact 201-444-2955 or email [email protected] for more information.
Summer Enrichment after 3:00 pm is available! Please note on your registration if summer enrichment programming is needed after 3:00 pm for an additional tuition fee.
If you are interested in enrolling for Summer Seedlings, ages 3-5, please click here.
See you at the Barn this summer!