Chef Table 2/27/19: Elegant Heart Healthy Cuisine Made Simply DeliciousDate/Time
Date(s) - 02/27/2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
February is Heart Healthy Month & We are Celebrating with This Food Pro!
HealthBarn USA proudly presents a Chef Table: Heart Healthy Cuisine Made Simply Delicious on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm featuring our friend Chef Owner, Kevin Portscher, Village Green Restaurant, Ridgewood, NJ. This private dining experience supports Healing Meals, a food gifting program, for families with ill children and seniors in need.
Kevin and our founder, Stacey Antine, MS, RDN teamed up to offer a 5-course seasonal culinary experience that will exceed your expectations! This dynamic “foodie” evening is designed to satisfy your taste buds while nurturing a healthy heart, too! Chef Kevin is excited to present this specially designed menu that is gluten-free, uses minimal cooking fat and minimal dairy… and still outrageously delicious!
He is known for offering an extensive a la carte menu at Village Green, as well as tasting menus that showcase his culinary creativity in the kitchen, and allow his customers to sample a variety of modern American dishes with a Chef Kevin twist.
You and the group will have the opportunity to be part of the preparation and discussion about his tasting menu specially designed for HealthBarn USA in the privacy and comfort of a private dining experience.
What’s on the Menu:
- A 5-course specially designed tasting menu with creative food combinations and balanced nutrition, too! Here’s the menu:
- Organic green salad, roasted pear, pomegranate, hazelnut vinaigrette
- Organic mushroom and cauliflower risotto with black truffle (riced cauliflower)
- Sicilian eggplant caponata with squash “pasta” basil oil (spiralized vegetables)
- Pan roasted Ora King Salmon with a whole grain and sesame orange glaze
- Heart healthy Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee with fresh berries (dairy free)
- **Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Come solo, with friends or your partner — all are welcome!
- Space is limited to 16 spots, so reserve today.
- Tickets are $100 must be purchased in advance by reserving your space at 201-444-2955 or [email protected] *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Healing Meals, a food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need. Space is limited for seating of 16 maximum.
Where Are You Dining:
- HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
About Chef Kevin and Village Green: A Bergen County resident and graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Kevin has trained at some of New York and New Jersey’ premier fine dining establishments. His cuisine highlights simple and classic preparations, paired with fresh and local ingredients. Kevin’s culinary passion extends far outside his kitchen; he is a member of the Society Culinaire Philanthropique, the Chefs de Cuisine Association of America, and the American Culinary Federation. He competes in a variety of food competitions. Kevin is a big supporter of Jersey Fresh produce, and is an advocate for sustainable food sources. He also volunteers for a number of organizations including, the Forget Me Not Foundation, Congenital Heart Defect Coalition, Bergen County Mental Health Organization, and Table to Table, an organization that helps to feed the hungry in New Jersey.
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.