Chef Table 5/2/18: First of the SeasonDate/Time
Date(s) - 05/02/2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Celebrate Spring with First of the Season
HealthBarn USA proudly presents Chef Table Event: First of the Season on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 from 6:30- 9:00 pm featuring award-winning Chef Owner, Kevin Kohler, from Café Panache, Ramsey, NJ. Chef Kevin Kohler has been dazzling food critics for over 30 years, and for good reason. Chef Kevin Kohler is known for trailblazing the farm-to-table movement; personally selecting quality and local produce to fill his menu and delight his guests.
His seasonal and flavorful dishes impress renowned food critics and registered dietitian nutritionists alike. Chef Kevin and our founder, Stacey Antine, MS, RDN have partnered before, as Kevin has harvested HealthBarn USA’s fresh mint and herbs to garnish his celebrated dishes. And now, they are teaming up to offer a 5-course seasonal, spring menu to support Healing Meals, a food gifting program for ill children and seniors in need, to enliven your taste buds.
What’s on the Menu:
- A 5-course seasonal, spring menu prepared by Chef Kevin with nutritional input by registered dietitian nutritionist, Stacey Antine. Expect dishes to contain freshly harvested, garden-to-table produce such as asparagus, turnips, artichokes, varieties of lettuce and leafy greens, and radishes.
- Recipes with nutritional analysis will be distributed in order to recreate these nutritionally and flavorfully dense dishes!
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Enjoy the evening with friends, your partner, or come solo- all are welcome!
- Space is limited for seating of 16 maximum, so reserve today!
- Tickets are $100 and must be purchased in advance by registering online or reserving your space at 201-444-2955 or [email protected]m. *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Healing Meals, a nutritious food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need.
Where are you Dining?
- Enjoy our intimate, home-like setting at HealthBarn USA, located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park.
About Chef Kevin Kohler and Café Panache: Chef Kevin Kohler has been serving fresh, boldly flavored cuisine for 33 years at Café Panache, located in downtown Ramsey, NJ. Originally hailing from Cedar Grove, NJ, Kevin fell in love with cooking through his school’s cooking class, prompting him to attend culinary school. His passion for cooking shows as Chef Kevin’s outstanding restaurant has consistently received Top Food and Top Service ratings on Zagat as well as OpenTable Diner’s Choice Winner in 2017. Menus may vary by season, highlighting the dedication Chef Kevin holds to his farm-to-table beliefs, however a clear theme of freshness influences all dishes.
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.