Chef Table 9/29: Italian Deliciousness with FrancoDate/Time
Date(s) - 09/29/2017
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
HealthBarn USA proudly presents Chef Table Event: Italian Deliciousness featuring Franco Lania, chef extraordinaire & TV personality, Friday 9/29/17 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm for our first authentic Italian chef table featuring our garden’s harvest. Partial proceeds are donated to Healing Meals, a nutrition food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need.
You and your guests are in for a truly entertaining and energetic evening with two Italians at the helm! Franco and Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder of HealthBarn USA designed an truly unique blend of northern and southern family-style favorite dishes that will have you hungry for the next chef table!
Known for his Wild Rice Griddle Cakes and as graduate of the Master’s Course at the Italian Culinary Arts Institute in Costigliole d’Asti, Italy, you are in for an evening of Italian deliciousness with Chef Franco.
What’s on the Menu:
- Specially designed menu of 5 courses of a variety of meats, fish, pasta and veggies prepared Italian-style: Here’s the menu:
- Antipasto: Franco’s Homemade Grissini (bread sticks), Prosciutto di Parma, Genoa Salami,Grana Padano Cheese, and assorted Italian Olives
- Fennel and Orange Salad (Insalata di Finocchio e Arancia)
- Spaghetti alla Chitarra (hand cut) with autumn squashes
- Black Peppercorn Ginger Crusted Salmon, Orange Honey-glazed Bok Choy, Wild Rice Griddle Cake, Saffron Cream
- Chocolate Zabaglione with Almond Biscotti
- Recipes will be distributed with nutritional analyses so you can make them at home.
- **Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Come solo, with friends or your partner — all are welcome!
- Space is limited to 16 spots maximum, so reserve today.
- Tickets are $100 per person and must be purchased in advance by reserving your space. Click here to buy tickets online or call 201-444-2955 or email [email protected]. *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to 501c3 HealthBarn Foundation’s Healing Meals, a nutritious food gifting program for children with cancer and their families and seniors in need.
Where Are You Dining:
- HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
More About Chef Franco Lania: Chef Franco is a world-traveled, classically-trained chef. He was a sociology major in college, but changed his course of study to pursue his love for cooking. He received the esteemed Grand Diplôme from Le Cordon Bleu, London and his Master Chef certification from the Italian Culinary Institute in Costiglioli d’Asti, Italy. Chef Franco has worked for 5-star hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants in New York, London, Milan, Miami, and Los Angeles. A great desire to see the world lead him out to sea onboard luxury cruise ships where he cooked and sailed to exotic ports of call. In a career spanning 23 years, he believes food is a passport that brings people together, especially those from different cultures. Teaching and sharing his passion for cooking is where this chef really shines.
Franco is the chef/partner of I-Chef, LLC, where he organizes events for various food-related brands. He, also, creates, develops and tests recipes for cookbooks, blogs and grand-scale production. The chef is the creator of his own WILDY popular new product called Minnesota Wild Rice Griddle Cakes and is the brand’s ambassador. Chef Franco was twice on the winning team for TV Food Network’s 24-Hour Restaurant Battle. Mr. Lania is a seeker of knowledge and a culinary expert who is diligently working on his first book. Franco is a 9/11 survivor and from that day forward he altered his career focus. His new mission is to help people get their lives back on track by enlivening and teaching them about the invigorating energy of cooking. And feeling good!
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through Stacey Antine, our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.