Chef Table with Mike Carrino, Pig & Prince 11/7/18Date/Time
Date(s) - 11/07/2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Calling Local Foodies! HealthBarn USA proudly welcomes back Chopped Champion Chef/Owner Mike Carrino of Pig and Prince, Montclair, NJ for Chef Table: Edible Autumn Breeze on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm. Partial proceeds will be donated to Healing Meals, a nutritious food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need.
Mike Carrino is passionate about local, sustainable high quality food and is a master at making seasonal vegetables taste outrageously delicious. He teamed up with Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, director, HealthBarn Foundation to make this night a harvest dream that will give you fresh ideas for the upcoming entertaining season!
You and the group will have the opportunity to be part of the preparation and discussion about artisanal local food and how to incorporate these wildly delicious edibles into your home dining experience.
What’s on the Menu:
- 6 plates featuring (but not limited to…) exploration of New Jersey/New York local ingredients sourced from artisanal producers:
- Lentil and Carrot Soup
- Roasted Honey Nut Squash with a splash of surprise
- Smoked Salmon Terrine
- Cauliflower Gnocchi with mushroom/hazelnut/pecorino sauce
- Artic Char served with spaghetti squash/chicory cream/root vegetable rataouille
- Pumpkin Cheese Cake topped with cranberries/anise crumble and cider gelato
- **Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, if you are a vegetarian we must know right away.
- Come solo, with friends or your partner — all are welcome!
- 16 guests who love local food and lively conversation;
- Tickets are $100 per person and must be purchased in advance by reserving your space. Please call 201-444-2955, email [email protected] or click here to register online. *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Healing Meals, a food gifting program for children with cancer and their families. Space is limited for seating of 16 maximum.
Where Are You Dining:
- HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
About Chef Carrino from Nutley, New Jersey and is a graduate of Culinary Institute of America. After graduating CIA, Michael traveled the coast to join kitchens in New City, NY, hotels in Richmond and Virginia Beach, Virgina in which Chef Carrino helped to obtain and maintain four diamond status. Returning to New Jersey, he found new opportunities to expand his skills in creating new American Cuisine in the kitchens the North Maple Inn at Basking Ridge and Church and Dey restaurant in Manhattan’s Millennium Hilton. The prestigious James Beard House has been host to Chef Carrino on three occasions where he had the opportunity to present his views of sustainable foods by offering his -Jerseys Finest- dinner featuring the wines of Arizona Stronghold vineyards and Caduceus Cellars. At the age 28, Michael was inducted into the exclusive organization of the Chaines Des Rotisseurs, a historical organization of restaurant owners, wine enthusiasts, hotel managers and food gurus. In Sept 2007 Chef Carrino was invited to assist the chefs of Colonial Williamsburg for the 400th anniversary celebration of Jamestown, cooking for the likes of former presidents George W. Bush, George Bush and Bill Clinton, and dignitaries such as Margret Thatcher and Tony Blair. Chef Carrino’s cuisine has received rave reviews in The New York Times, The Star-Ledger, New York Post and Zagat dinning guide. He has been a repeat featured guest on NBC’s “Today Show”, CBS Morning Show, Good Day New York, LX New York, News 12 New Jersey and Martha Stewart Radio. In 2009, Chef Carrino flaunted his talent and was touted winner Food Network’s cooking competition Chopped. With the next generation being our future of the industry Chef Carrino gives back and supports the next up and coming class of cooks by serving on advisory committees for local High schools, Vocational High Schools, and Community Colleges. He is a registered mentor at the Culinary Institute of America and regularly mentors local high school students as interns who aspire to become chef professionals and head to culinary schools. Chef Carrino actively supports local charities including soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Chef regularly appears at the annual Cooking for Kids fund raiser for St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, and each Thanksgiving organizes a charity drive to raise money and contributions to donate 350 meals to the Salvation Army.
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.