How-to Cook Veggies Workshop 1/13/20Date/Time
Date(s) - 01/13/2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
HealthBarn USA proudly presents How to Cook Veggies Workshop with Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder and author of Appetite for Life on Monday, January 13, 2020 11:30 – 1:00 pm. If a plant-based diet make your 2020 list for a healthier year, this workshop is definitely for YOU! Learn the best way to cook, steam, stir-fry and juice a wide variety of produce that tastes great and locks in the best nutrition for your body.
If you want to learn about:
1) How-to select the freshest veggies in season;
2) Best cooking methods for veggie categories for taste and nutrition;
3) Hands-on prep and cooking of a variety of dishes;
3) Get new recipes to make eating healthy simple;
4) Enjoy a home-cooked lunch with friends and get your burning nutrition questions answered;
All from a nationally-recognized, credible nutrition educator, Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder of HealthBarn USA, this workshop is for you!
**Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
– Come solo, with a friend or a loved one — all are welcome!
– Space is limited to 16 spots, so reserve today.
Tickets are $35 per person and must be purchased in advance by reserving your space at 201-444-2955 or email [email protected]
Where is this amazing experience?
– HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
About Stacey Antine, MS, RDN: Stacey Antine is a registered dietitian who holds a Master’s of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from New York University. Alarmed by the long list of lifestyle diseases (obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.) faced by children today, she founded HealthBarn USA to connect children to natural foods and where they come from. Expanding her commitment to help families eat healthier, she started HealthBarn Foundation and it’s first project Healing Meals, a food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need. She has been featured on The Rachael Ray Show, named women entrepreneur to watch by Business Week, featured as “Our Hero” by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for her dedication to children’s health where she is also a member and honored as Today’s Honoree by the #1 Blog for Recognizing the Works of Others. She was appointed to the Academy’s RDN Communications Council for its National Kids Eat Right campaign and received a Certificate of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Stacey Antine aims to help more parents and children get healthy by having fun and raising their nutritional literacy with her first book, Appetite for Life: The Thumbs-Up, No-Yucks Guide to Getting Your Kid to be a Great Eater – including over 100 Kid-Approved Recipes, published in September 2012 by HarperOne, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers, in hardcover and as an eBook.