How-to Eat Healthy for Shift Workers, 9/18/18Date/Time
Date(s) - 09/18/2018
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
HealthBarn USA proudly presents How to Eat Healthy for Shift Workers with Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder and author of Appetite for Life on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm. Research suggests that shift workers are at a greater risk for diabetes, heart disease, obesity and cancer because of their lifestyle compared to non-shift workers. Ready to “shift” to a healthy lifestyle? This workshop is the answer for you!
If you want to learn about:
1) Learn about balanced eating that tastes good and is good for you;
2) Get nutrition tips about meals and snacks at home and on shift;
3) Plan a week’s menu full of healthy choices;
3) Get new recipe ideas to make eating healthy simple;
4) Enjoy a home-cooked meal with other shift workers and get your burning nutrition questions answered;
All from a nationally-recognized, credible nutrition educator, Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, founder of HealthBarn USA, this workshop is for you!
What’s on the Menu:
– Dips, spreads, veggies and chips
– Home-cooked meal that will leave you satisfied and asking for more veggies
– Surprise dessert is included, too!
**Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
– Shift workers! Come solo, with colleagues or a loved one — all are welcome!
– Space is limited to 16 spots, so reserve today.
Where is this amazing experience?
– HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
About Stacey Antine, MS, RDN: Stacey Antine is a registered dietitian who holds a Master’s of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from New York University. Alarmed by the long list of lifestyle diseases (obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.) faced by children today, she founded HealthBarn USA to connect children to natural foods and where they come from. Expanding her commitment to help families eat healthier, she started HealthBarn Foundation and it’s first project Healing Meals, a food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need. She has been featured on The Rachael Ray Show, named women entrepreneur to watch by Business Week, featured as “Our Hero” by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for her dedication to children’s health where she is also a member and honored as Today’s Honoree by the #1 Blog for Recognizing the Works of Others. She was appointed to the Academy’s RDN Communications Council for its National Kids Eat Right campaign and received a Certificate of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Stacey Antine aims to help more parents and children get healthy by having fun and raising their nutritional literacy with her first book, Appetite for Life: The Thumbs-Up, No-Yucks Guide to Getting Your Kid to be a Great Eater – including over 100 Kid-Approved Recipes, published in September 2012 by HarperOne, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers, in hardcover and as an eBook.