It’s peach season and these abundant and juicy peaches are perfect for thumbs up Peach Donuts! Our scratch donuts are made with mashed peaches (making them an excellent source of vitamin C), and baked to perfection. If you don’t have a donut baking tray, make donut holes in muffins tins! Serve with fresh berries for an added immune booster!
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup peach puree (fresh or canned)
½ cup low-fat (1%) milk
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, divided
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini donut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, flaxseeds, baking powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together peaches, milk, ½ cup brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture to peach mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into mini donut pan. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon with remaining tablespoon brown sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of donuts.
- Bake donuts for 9-10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow donuts to cool before removing from pan.
Makes 9 servings (2 donuts per serving).
Nutrition Facts per serving: 160 calories; 1.5g fat (0g sat fat, 0.5g mono, 1g poly, 0g trans fats); 20mg cholesterol; 32g carbohydrate (2g fiber, 15g sugar); 4g protein; 180mg sodium; 45% Daily Value (DV) vitamin A; 20% DV vitamin C; 6% DV calcium; 10% DV iron.