Strawberry cheesecake in less than five minutes? This simple recipe incorporates fruit, dairy, protein, and whole grains into one delicious bite! Cheesecake is a favorite decadent dessert, so we slimmed it down with silken tofu to cut the fat and increase the protein. With fresh, juicy strawberries, this easy treat is a perfect springtime refresher.
4 Graham crackers
2 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons silken tofu
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
4 teaspoons, honey
- Remove Graham crackers from packaging and set aside.
- Whisk cream cheese and tofu together vigorously until smooth. Use a food processor, if necessary.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each cracker.
- Place sliced strawberries on each cracker. Drizzle each cracker with honey.
- Serve with napkins; it is messy delicious fun!
Makes 4 servings (1 Graham cracker per serving).
Nutrition Facts per serving: 110 calories; 3g fat (1g sat fat, 1g mono, 1g poly, 0g trans fats); 5mg cholesterol; 20g carbohydrate (1g fiber, 12g sugar); 2g protein; 105mg sodium; 0% Daily Value (DV) vitamin A; 35% DV vitamin C; 4% DV calcium; 4% DV iron.
– Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, author, Appetite for Life, founder, HealthBarn USA, director, HealthBarn Foundation, and recognized as top 10 dietitians nationally by Today’s Dietitian magazine for her work with HealthBarn USA.