Scout & Community Field Trips
About Scout & Community Field Trips
Present the HealthBarn USA healthy-lifestyle experience as a challenge for a bead, patch, pin or Try-It. Earn rewards at home with new knowledge and recipes.
During this fun and educational year-round visit to the Barn, Scouts ages 5-12 as well as community groups (mommy & me, church youth groups and town newcomers) learn about the importance of fresh, seasonal produce and why eating naturally matters.
The Line Up
Two hours (or one depending on age) of fun learning to live a healthy-lifestyle:
- Welcome and Introduction to HealthBarn USA (apples for snack are provided)
- Meet the Garden: compost, herb adventure and more!
- Help prepare and taste test the famous Rainbow Swirly Smoothie (dietary needs can be accommodated)
- Plant peas in recyclable pots to grow your own food at home
- Test your food and nutrition IQ by playing the seasonal food game
- Take-home healthy-lifestyle bags, too!
We also offer hands-on programming for a Sow What Journey, Media Journey or we can customize an experience for your scout group, so please inquire about all of the offerings today!
“As a Girl Scout leader, I am always looking for activities which will enrich the lives of our girls both now and in the future. HealthBarn has been a great part of that! Teaching the Girl Scouts to love and look for “real” food in a fun and yummy way is something that will continue on with them throughout their adulthood. We give HealthBarn two giant THUMBS UP!”
– Girl Scouts Troop Leader
We’re scheduling Scout and Community Field Trips now for 2019 – 2020 for Scouts ages 5-12 as well as community groups (mommy & me, church youth groups and town newcomers).
Scout leaders and organizers are booking early, so if you are interested in arranging a field trip, please contact us at 201-444-2955.