“I think careful cooking is love, don’t you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who’s close to you is about as nice a valentine as you can give,” Julia Child
When I think of Valentine’s Day I always think about chocolate! Chocolate is an indulgent gift that everyone loves. But, this year I want to think out of the chocolate box and give something even deeper from the heart and I hope it inspires you, too! Over the past 10 years creating healthy recipes and preparing food at HealthBarn USA, I’ve discovered a deep love for cooking because of the joy that I receive when the kids give a thumbs up! Giving with a happy heart makes the food taste super good. There’s nothing better than receiving a gift of deliciously prepared food because you know in your heart that you are loved!
Here are my top recipe picks for the day of love:
1) Set the table the night before for breakfast with special notes for each person in your life and prepare this delicious Sweet Potato Pancake batter and refrigerate. Flip them in the morning and top with powdered sugar and fresh berries.
2) Make these Chocolate LadyBugs to create a pathway to a secret box containing a love letter and sweet treat!
3) Chocolate Fondue? Who can resist the fun of dipping fresh cut fruit (stawberries, oranges, bananas and pears) in a warm pot of chocolate, it’s fun for people of all ages.
4) Make this simply light Chocolate Mousse and accessorize with fresh berries and chopped walnuts.
5) Comfort Food? I always feel the love when I eat lasagna! Make these Cheesy Lasagna Rolls for a fun and tasty twist on this Italian favorite dish.
Remember actions speak louder than words, so the love you give to your family on Valentine’s Day will keep giving throughout the year! Happy Valentine’s Day.
What are your top Valentine’s recipe ideas?