Chef Table 4/11/18: A Sweet and Savory Family-Style FeastDate/Time
Date(s) - 04/11/2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
HealthBarn USA proudly presents Chef Table Event: A Sweet and Savory Family-Style Feast featuring dynamic duo Chef to the Stars, Jesse Jones and Ridgewood’s apiarist (aka beekeeper) Frank Mortimer on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm. Partial proceeds are donated to Healing Meals, a nutrition food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need.
Chef Jesse, local apiarist Frank Mortimer and our founder, Stacey Antine, MS, RDN have brainstormed a honey-kissed home cooked 5-course family-style menu selected from Chef Jesse’s new book: POW: My Life in 40 Feasts that will exceed your expectations! Chef Jesse is known for his Southern Cooking Style with a Country French twist and Frank, who was featured in The Bergen Record video series, will be on hand to sample his outrageously delicious local honey!
It will be a lively night full of laughs as Ultimate Master Chef Jesse entertains his guest with his larger than life personality on the Chef Jesse Show LIVE! His innovative style, fine technique and personal storytelling will make for a fun and intimate private dining experience.
What’s on the Menu:
- Specially designed family-style southern dishes will feature locally sourced Ridgewood honey. Thumbs up favorites include Shrimp & Grits, Marinated Flank Steak with Creole Green Beans and his award-winning Sweet Potato Waffles and more!
- Recipes will be distributed with nutritional analyses so you can make them at home.
- **Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Come solo, with friends or your partner — all are welcome!
- Space is limited to 16 spots maximum, so reserve today.
- Tickets are $100 per person and must be purchased in advance by reserving your space. Click here to buy tickets online or call 201-444-2955 or email [email protected]. *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to 501c3 HealthBarn Foundation’s Healing Meals, a nutritious food gifting program for children with cancer and their families and seniors in need.
Where Are You Dining:
- HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
About Chef Jesse: Chef Jesse Jones lives in South Orange, NJ with his wife, 2 boys and Zeus, his Italian Mastif, but it was his roots in Snow Hill, North Carolina where Chef Jesse honed his culinary vision and developed his flair for New Carolina Cuisine. Carolina Cooking is what Chef Jesse refers to as the “original farm to table” style. Chef Jesse’s southern specialties with a combination of fresh local ingredients and bold flavors has earned him the role of Chef to The Stars with notable clients such as Tyler Perry, Michelle Williams and John Legend. He has received various awards and accolades including the title of “Ultimate Chef” of Bergen County in 2010. He has made appearances on VH1s “Love & Hip Hop” and has been featured on radio shows including 98.7 Kiss FM, Hot 97, Two Hungry Women, The Ed Hitzel Show and Basil with Chef Jennifer Booker. Chef Jesse is dedicated to giving back, as seen in his participation in fundraisers for March of Dimes, Share our Strength Taste of the Nation, Spina Bifida Association and the Marshall & Jefferson Schools Spring Auction.
More About Frank Mortimer: Frank is a Ridgewood resident who has been keeping bees for the past ten years. He currently has five hives. He has been President of the Northeast NJ beekeepers since 2011, and is passionate about educating the public about all the benefits of honeybees. When he is not bee keeping, Frank is the Director of Marketing for Oxford University Press. Frank is married with three children, and beekeeping is something the whole family loves to do together. Franks says his wife Sofie is great at spotting the queen, and his son Miles is in charge of honey sales.
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through Stacey Antine, our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.