Chef Table: An Insider’s Taste into Local Artisanal FoodDate/Time
Date(s) - 06/14/2017
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Calling Local Foodies! HealthBarn USA proudly welcomes Whole Foods Market Northeast Regional Chef PJ Damiano for An Insider’s Taste into Local Artisanal Food on Wednesday, June 14 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm.
Before joining the Whole Foods Market culinary team, PJ was the sous chef at Park Avenue Seasons, New York. He combines his expertise in preparing delicious seasonal menus with Whole Foods Market’s sustainable cooking practices and locally sourced ingredients to bring you an exclusive behind-the-scenes taste into local artisinal food.
Chef Damiano and Stacey Antine, director, HealthBarn Foundation couldn’t wait to team up to support Healing Meals, a nutritious food gifting program for families with ill children and seniors in need. Proceeds from the Chef Table will be donated to Healing Meals; and Whole Foods Market generously supports this important program through weekly food donations, too!
You and the group will have the opportunity to be part of the preparation and discussion about artisanal local food and how to incorporate these wildly delicious edibles into your home dining experience.
What’s on the Menu:
- 5 plates featuring (but not limited to…) exploration of New Jersey/New York local ingredients sourced from artisanal producers and available at your local Whole Foods Market.
- **Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, if you are a vegetarian we must know right away.
- Come solo, with friends or your partner — all are welcome!
- 16 guests who love local food and lively conversation;
- Tickets are $100 per person and must be purchased in advance by reserving your space. Please click here to purchase tickets online or call 201-444-2955 or email [email protected]. *A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Healing Meals, a food gifting program for children with cancer and their families. Space is limited for seating of 16 maximum.
Where Are You Dining:
- HealthBarn USA located in the stone house at 1057 Hillcrest Road, Ridgewood, NJ within the Irene Habernickel Family Park, come enjoy the comfort of a “zen” environment in a space that feels like home!
Learn More About Chef PJ Damiano: A graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education, New York, NY who grew up in an Italian-American household in Middletown, NY learning how to cook at a young age from his great grandmother. From 2008 – 2012 he was the sous chef at Park Avenue Seasons which would close for two days in between seasons to create new menus and deor based on seasonal offerings. In 2012, he started at Whole Foods Market as the Northeast Regional Chef where he oversees recipe development and venue concepts including Tap Rooms, Bars, Restaurants that range from traditional wood fire Neapolitan pizza restaurants to full service raw bars found in 38 Whole Foods Market stores. His favorite culinary experience was cooking with the #1 chef in the world Massimo Bottura at the Whole Foods Market in Columbus Circle for an exclusive Parmigiano Reggiano Event. And, his favorite food to eat is Southern Creole Cuisine, specifically New Orleans BBQ Shrimp.
More About HealthBarn USA: A proven leader of healthy-lifestyle education for children and their families for more than ten years, through kids’ classes, field trips and summer camp and through our founder’s cookbook, Appetite for Life, HarperOne. At elementary and middle school “Try it, you’ll like it!” school assemblies from New York to California; in national appearances such as the Rachael Ray Show and CNN’s House Call with Sanjay Gupta and on networks like PBS and Nickelodeon; speaking engagements from parent teacher organizations to major medical conventions; and through our website, columns and articles, we have been committed to helping families raise their nutrition literacy through hands-on learning about where our food comes from, and why fresh tastes best and is best for our bodies, minds and souls.