This is the simplest recipe, and it receives rave reviews from kids and parents, too! The challenge was how to replace the beloved and artificial marshmallow. We did it with naturally delicious Greek vanilla yogurt that is creamy and boosts everyone’s digestive system, too. It’s the perfect treat for warm summer days. Enjoy!
4 Graham crackers
4 Tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt, vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Place each Graham cracker on the sheet and sprinkle one tablespoon of chocolate chips on each cracker.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until chocolate melts. Cool for a minute or so.
- Place a cracker on a plate, cut the cracker in half and place one tablespoon of yogurt on one side, then, place the other side on top of the cracker to make a sandwich. Repeat with the other crackers.
- Serve with napkins; it can be messy delicious fun!
Makes 4 servings (1 Graham cracker per serving).
Nutrition Facts per serving: 100 calories; 4.5g fat (2.5g sat fat, 2g mono, 0g poly, 0g trans fats); 0mg cholesterol; 14g carbohydrate (1g fiber, 10g sugar); 2g protein; 30mg sodium; 0% Daily Value (DV) vitamin A; 0% DV vitamin C; 4% DV calcium; 2% DV iron.
– Stacey Antine, MS, RDN, author, Appetite for Life, founder, HealthBarn USA, director, HealthBarn Foundation, and recognized as top 10 dietitians nationally by Today’s Dietitian magazine for her work with HealthBarn USA.